/* ***** BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK *****
* Version: MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1
* The contents of this file are subject to the Mozilla Public License Version
* 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
* the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" basis,
* WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
* for the specific language governing rights and limitations under the
* The Original Code is the Mozilla toolkit.
* The Initial Developer of the Original Code is
* Benjamin Smedberg <email@example.com>
* Portions created by the Initial Developer are Copyright (C) 2004
* the Initial Developer. All Rights Reserved.
* Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the terms of
* either the GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL"), or
* the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 or later (the "LGPL"),
* in which case the provisions of the GPL or the LGPL are applicable instead
* of those above. If you wish to allow use of your version of this file only
* under the terms of either the GPL or the LGPL, and not to allow others to
* use your version of this file under the terms of the MPL, indicate your
* decision by deleting the provisions above and replace them with the notice
* and other provisions required by the GPL or the LGPL. If you do not delete
* the provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this file under
* the terms of any one of the MPL, the GPL or the LGPL.
* ***** END LICENSE BLOCK ***** */
* Handles arguments on the command line of an XUL application.
* Each handler is registered in the category "command-line-handler".
* The entries in this category are read in alphabetical order, and each
* category value is treated as a service contractid implementing this
* By convention, handler with ordinary priority should begin with "m".
* Category Entry Value
* command-line-handler b-jsdebug @mozilla.org/venkman/clh;1
* command-line-handler c-extensions @mozilla.org/extension-manager/clh;1
* command-line-handler m-edit @mozilla.org/composer/clh;1
* command-line-handler m-irc @mozilla.org/chatzilla/clh;1
* command-line-handler y-final @mozilla.org/browser/clh-final;1
* @status UNDER_REVIEW This interface is intended to be frozen, but it isn't
* frozen yet. Be careful!
* @note What do we do about localizing helpInfo? Do we make each handler do it,
* or provide a generic solution of some sort? Don't freeze this interface
* without thinking about this!
interface nsICommandLineHandler : nsISupports
* Process a command line. If this handler finds arguments that it
* understands, it should perform the appropriate actions (such as opening
* a window), and remove the arguments from the command-line array.
* @throw NS_ERROR_ABORT to immediately cease command-line handling
* (if this is STATE_INITIAL_LAUNCH, quits the app).
* All other exceptions are silently ignored.
void handle(in nsICommandLine aCommandLine);
* When the app is launched with the -help argument, this attribute
* is retrieved and displayed to the user (on stdout). The text should
* have embedded newlines which wrap at 76 columns, and should include
* a newline at the end. By convention, the right column which contains flag
* descriptions begins at the 24th character.
readonly attribute AUTF8String helpInfo;