/* ***** BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK *****
* Version: MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1
* The contents of this file are subject to the Mozilla Public License Version
* 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
* the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" basis,
* WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
* for the specific language governing rights and limitations under the
* The Original Code is autocomplete code.
* The Initial Developer of the Original Code is
* Google Inc.
* Portions created by the Initial Developer are Copyright (C) 2005
* the Initial Developer. All Rights Reserved.
* Brett Wilson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the terms of
* either the GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL"), or
* the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 or later (the "LGPL"),
* in which case the provisions of the GPL or the LGPL are applicable instead
* of those above. If you wish to allow use of your version of this file only
* under the terms of either the GPL or the LGPL, and not to allow others to
* use your version of this file under the terms of the MPL, indicate your
* decision by deleting the provisions above and replace them with the notice
* and other provisions required by the GPL or the LGPL. If you do not delete
* the provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this file under
* the terms of any one of the MPL, the GPL or the LGPL.
* ***** END LICENSE BLOCK ***** */
* This class implements nsIAutoCompleteResult and provides simple methods
* for setting the value and result items. It can be used whenever some basic
* auto complete results are needed that can be pre-generated and filled into
* an array.
interface nsIAutoCompleteSimpleResult : nsIAutoCompleteResult
* A writer for the readonly attribute 'searchString' which should contain
* the string that the user typed.
void setSearchString(in AString aSearchString);
* A writer for the readonly attribute 'errorDescription'.
void setErrorDescription(in AString aErrorDescription);
* A writer for the readonly attribute 'defaultIndex' which should contain
* the index of the list that will be selected by default (normally 0).
void setDefaultIndex(in long aDefaultIndex);
* A writer for the readonly attribute 'searchResult' which should contain
* one of the constants nsIAutoCompleteResult.RESULT_* indicating the success
* of the search.
void setSearchResult(in unsigned short aSearchResult);
* Appends a result item consisting of the given value, comment, image and style.
* This is how you add results. Note: image and style are optional.
void appendMatch(in AString aValue, in AString aComment,
[optional] in AString aImage,
[optional] in AString aStyle);
* Sets a listener for changes in the result.
void setListener(in nsIAutoCompleteSimpleResultListener aListener);
interface nsIAutoCompleteSimpleResultListener : nsISupports
* Dispatched after a value is removed from the result.
* @param aResult
* The result from which aValue has been removed.
* @param aValue
* The removed value.
* @param aRemoveFromDb
* Whether the value should be removed from persistent storage as well.
void onValueRemoved(in nsIAutoCompleteSimpleResult aResult, in AString aValue,
in boolean aRemoveFromDb);