/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 4 -*- */
/* ***** BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK *****
* Version: MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1
* The contents of this file are subject to the Mozilla Public License Version
* 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
* the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" basis,
* WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
* for the specific language governing rights and limitations under the
* The Original Code is Mozilla FastLoad code.
* The Initial Developer of the Original Code is
* Netscape Communications Corporation.
* Portions created by the Initial Developer are Copyright (C) 2001
* the Initial Developer. All Rights Reserved.
* Brendan Eich <email@example.com> (original author)
* Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the terms of
* either of the GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL"),
* or the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 or later (the "LGPL"),
* in which case the provisions of the GPL or the LGPL are applicable instead
* of those above. If you wish to allow use of your version of this file only
* under the terms of either the GPL or the LGPL, and not to allow others to
* use your version of this file under the terms of the MPL, indicate your
* decision by deleting the provisions above and replace them with the notice
* and other provisions required by the GPL or the LGPL. If you do not delete
* the provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this file under
* the terms of any one of the MPL, the GPL or the LGPL.
* ***** END LICENSE BLOCK ***** */
* The nsIFastLoadFileControl interface and its subinterfaces are mix-ins for
* classes implementing nsIObjectInputStream and nsIObjectOutputStream, so that
* those stream types can be used with nsIFastLoadService to access and compute
* FastLoad file checksums, update and check FastLoad file dependencies, and
* multiplex documents loaded via non-blocking i/o.
* If an nsIObjectInputStream class doesn't support nsIFastLoadReadControl, or
* an nsIObjectOutputStream class doesn't support nsIFastLoadWriteControl, that
* implementation may still be useful for object serialization, but it can't be
* used to read or write a Mozilla FastLoad file.
interface nsIFastLoadFileControl : nsISupports
* Get and set the recorded checksum value from the FastLoad file header.
attribute PRUint32 checksum;
* Multiplexed document control methods. A FastLoad file may contain
* multiple interleaved documents identified by a URI specifier string,
* and indexed for fast multiplexor select by an opaque URI object key.
* You StartMuxedDocument when initiating a document load, then Select
* before every batch of calls to (de)serialize document data, and End
* when the load completes.
* Document multiplexing is necessary to support incremental FastLoad
* development in a non-blocking i/o architecture such as Mozilla, where
* some (but not all, at first, or for a while during development) of the
* results of parsing and compiling various inputs can be multiplexed to
* or from a FastLoad file.
* Note: Select returns the previously selected URI object in case the
* caller is synchronously selecting and writing data to the FastLoad
* file, so the caller can reselect the previous URI and return to code
* the continues to write FastLoad data for the previous URI, unaware of
* the nested select/write/reselect.
void startMuxedDocument(in nsISupports aURI, in string aURISpec);
nsISupports selectMuxedDocument(in nsISupports aURI);
void endMuxedDocument(in nsISupports aURI);
* Return true if aURISpec identifies a muxed document in the FastLoad
* file, false otherwise.
boolean hasMuxedDocument(in string aURISpec);
interface nsIFastLoadReadControl : nsIFastLoadFileControl
* Computes the correct checksum of the FastLoad file, independent of the
* header's checksum value. The header checksum field is treated as zero
* when computing the checksum.
* Get the collection of dependency nsIFile instances recorded during the
* FastLoad file write or read/update process, and checked during the read
* process to invalidate the FastLoad file if any dependencies are newer.
readonly attribute nsISimpleEnumerator dependencies;
interface nsIFastLoadWriteControl : nsIFastLoadFileControl
* Add a file dependency of the FastLoad file (e.g., a .jar file) to the
* set of dependencies that trigger regeneration if any dependency has a
* last-modified-time greater than the FastLoad file's mtime.
void addDependency(in nsIFile aFile);