/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 4 -*- */
/* ***** BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK *****
* Version: MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1
* The contents of this file are subject to the Mozilla Public License Version
* 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
* the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" basis,
* WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
* for the specific language governing rights and limitations under the
* The Original Code is frightening to behold.
* The Initial Developer of the Original Code is
* Jonas Sicking.
* Portions created by the Initial Developer are Copyright (C) 2001
* the Initial Developer. All Rights Reserved.
* Jonas Sicking <email@example.com>
* Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the terms of
* either the GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL"), or
* the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 or later (the "LGPL"),
* in which case the provisions of the GPL or the LGPL are applicable instead
* of those above. If you wish to allow use of your version of this file only
* under the terms of either the GPL or the LGPL, and not to allow others to
* use your version of this file under the terms of the MPL, indicate your
* decision by deleting the provisions above and replace them with the notice
* and other provisions required by the GPL or the LGPL. If you do not delete
* the provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this file under
* the terms of any one of the MPL, the GPL or the LGPL.
* ***** END LICENSE BLOCK ***** */
* The multiplex stream concatenates a list of input streams into a single
interface nsIMultiplexInputStream : nsIInputStream
* Number of streams in this multiplex-stream
readonly attribute unsigned long count;
* Appends a stream to the end of the streams. The cursor of the stream
* should be located at the beginning of the stream if the implementation
* of this nsIMultiplexInputStream also is used as an nsISeekableStream.
* @param stream stream to append
void appendStream(in nsIInputStream stream);
* Insert a stream at specified index. If the cursor of this stream is at
* the beginning of the stream at index, the cursor will be placed at the
* beginning of the inserted stream instead.
* The cursor of the new stream should be located at the beginning of the
* stream if the implementation of this nsIMultiplexInputStream also is
* used as an nsISeekableStream.
* @param stream stream to insert
* @param index index to insert stream at, must be <= count
void insertStream(in nsIInputStream stream, in unsigned long index);
* Remove stream at specified index. If this stream is the one currently
* being read the readcursor is moved to the beginning of the next
* @param index remove stream at this index, must be < count
void removeStream(in unsigned long index);
* Get stream at specified index.
* @param index return stream at this index, must be < count
* @return stream at specified index
nsIInputStream getStream(in unsigned long index);