/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*- */
/* ***** BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK *****
* Version: MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1
* The contents of this file are subject to the Mozilla Public License Version
* 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
* the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" basis,
* WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
* for the specific language governing rights and limitations under the
* The Original Code is the Netscape Portable Runtime (NSPR).
* The Initial Developer of the Original Code is
* Netscape Communications Corporation.
* Portions created by the Initial Developer are Copyright (C) 1998-2000
* the Initial Developer. All Rights Reserved.
* Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the terms of
* either the GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL"), or
* the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 or later (the "LGPL"),
* in which case the provisions of the GPL or the LGPL are applicable instead
* of those above. If you wish to allow use of your version of this file only
* under the terms of either the GPL or the LGPL, and not to allow others to
* use your version of this file under the terms of the MPL, indicate your
* decision by deleting the provisions above and replace them with the notice
* and other provisions required by the GPL or the LGPL. If you do not delete
* the provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this file under
* the terms of any one of the MPL, the GPL or the LGPL.
* ***** END LICENSE BLOCK ***** */
typedef struct PRMonitor PRMonitor;
** Create a new monitor. Monitors are re-entrant locks with a single built-in
** condition variable.
** This may fail if memory is tight or if some operating system resource
** is low.
** Destroy a monitor. The caller is responsible for guaranteeing that the
** monitor is no longer in use. There must be no thread waiting on the monitor's
** condition variable and that the lock is not held.
NSPR_API(void) PR_DestroyMonitor(PRMonitor *mon);
** Enter the lock associated with the monitor. If the calling thread currently
** is in the monitor, the call to enter will silently succeed. In either case,
** it will increment the entry count by one.
NSPR_API(void) PR_EnterMonitor(PRMonitor *mon);
** Decrement the entry count associated with the monitor. If the decremented
** entry count is zero, the monitor is exited. Returns PR_FAILURE if the
** calling thread has not entered the monitor.
NSPR_API(PRStatus) PR_ExitMonitor(PRMonitor *mon);
** Wait for a notify on the monitor's condition variable. Sleep for "ticks"
** amount of time (if "ticks" is PR_INTERVAL_NO_TIMEOUT then the sleep is
** While the thread is waiting it exits the monitor (as if it called
** PR_ExitMonitor as many times as it had called PR_EnterMonitor). When
** the wait has finished the thread regains control of the monitors lock
** with the same entry count as before the wait began.
** The thread waiting on the monitor will be resumed when the monitor is
** notified (assuming the thread is the next in line to receive the
** notify) or when the "ticks" timeout elapses.
** Returns PR_FAILURE if the caller has not entered the monitor.
NSPR_API(PRStatus) PR_Wait(PRMonitor *mon, PRIntervalTime ticks);
** Notify a thread waiting on the monitor's condition variable. If a thread
** is waiting on the condition variable (using PR_Wait) then it is awakened
** and attempts to reenter the monitor.
NSPR_API(PRStatus) PR_Notify(PRMonitor *mon);
** Notify all of the threads waiting on the monitor's condition variable.
** All of threads waiting on the condition are scheduled to reenter the
NSPR_API(PRStatus) PR_NotifyAll(PRMonitor *mon);
** If the current thread is in |mon|, this assertion is guaranteed to
** succeed. Otherwise, the behavior of this function is undefined.
#if defined(DEBUG) || defined(FORCE_PR_ASSERT)
#define PR_ASSERT_CURRENT_THREAD_IN_MONITOR(/* PRMonitor* */ mon) \
#define PR_ASSERT_CURRENT_THREAD_IN_MONITOR(/* PRMonitor* */ mon)
/* Don't call this function directly. */
NSPR_API(void) PR_AssertCurrentThreadInMonitor(PRMonitor *mon);
#endif /* prmon_h___ */