/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 20; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 4 -*-
* ***** BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK *****
* Version: MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1
* The contents of this file are subject to the Mozilla Public License Version
* 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
* the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" basis,
* WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
* for the specific language governing rights and limitations under the
* The Initial Developer of the Original Code is Mozilla Foundation.
* Portions created by the Initial Developer are Copyright (C) 2010
* the Initial Developer. All Rights Reserved.
* Bas Schouten <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Matt Woodrow <email@example.com>
* Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the terms of
* either the GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL"), or
* the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 or later (the "LGPL"),
* in which case the provisions of the GPL or the LGPL are applicable instead
* of those above. If you wish to allow use of your version of this file only
* under the terms of either the GPL or the LGPL, and not to allow others to
* use your version of this file under the terms of the MPL, indicate your
* decision by deleting the provisions above and replace them with the notice
* and other provisions required by the GPL or the LGPL. If you do not delete
* the provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this file under
* the terms of any one of the MPL, the GPL or the LGPL.
* ***** END LICENSE BLOCK ***** */
#error GLContextProviderImpl.h must only be included from GLContextProvider.h
#error GL_CONTEXT_PROVIDER_NAME not defined
class THEBES_API GL_CONTEXT_PROVIDER_NAME
* Create a context that renders to the surface of the widget that is
* passed in. The context is always created with an RGB pixel format,
* with no alpha, depth or stencil. If any of those features are needed,
* either use a framebuffer, or use CreateOffscreen.
* This context will attempt to share resources with all other window
* contexts. As such, it's critical that resources allocated that are not
* needed by other contexts be deleted before the context is destroyed.
* The GetSharedContext() method will return non-null if sharing
* was successful.
* Note: a context created for a widget /must not/ hold a strong
* reference to the widget; otherwise a cycle can be created through
* a GL layer manager.
* @param aWidget Widget whose surface to create a context for
* @return Context to use for the window
* Create a context for offscreen rendering. The target of this
* context should be treated as opaque -- it might be a FBO, or a
* pbuffer, or some other construct. Users of this GLContext
* should not bind framebuffer 0 directly, and instead should bind
* the framebuffer returned by GetOffscreenFBO().
* The offscreen context returned by this method will always have
* the ability to be rendered into a context created by a window.
* It might or might not share resources with the global context;
* query GetSharedContext() for a non-null result to check. If
* resource sharing can be avoided on the target platform, it will
* be, in order to isolate the offscreen context.
* @param aSize The initial size of this offscreen context.
* @param aFormat The ContextFormat for this offscreen context.
* @return Context to use for offscreen rendering
CreateOffscreen(const gfxIntSize& aSize,
const ContextFormat& aFormat = ContextFormat::BasicRGBA32Format);
* Try to create a GL context from native surface for arbitrary gfxASurface
* If surface not compatible this will return NULL
* @param aSurface surface to create a context for
* @return Context to use for this surface
* Get a pointer to the global context, creating it if it doesn't exist.
static GLContext *
* Free any resources held by this Context Provider.