/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 2; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*- */
/* vim:set ts=2 sw=2 sts=2 et cindent: */
/* ***** BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK *****
* Version: MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1
* The contents of this file are subject to the Mozilla Public License Version
* 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
* the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" basis,
* WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
* for the specific language governing rights and limitations under the
* The Original Code is Mozilla code.
* The Initial Developer of the Original Code is Google Inc.
* Portions created by the Initial Developer are Copyright (C) 2006
* the Initial Developer. All Rights Reserved.
* Darin Fisher <email@example.com>
* Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the terms of
* either the GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL"), or
* the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 or later (the "LGPL"),
* in which case the provisions of the GPL or the LGPL are applicable instead
* of those above. If you wish to allow use of your version of this file only
* under the terms of either the GPL or the LGPL, and not to allow others to
* use your version of this file under the terms of the MPL, indicate your
* decision by deleting the provisions above and replace them with the notice
* and other provisions required by the GPL or the LGPL. If you do not delete
* the provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this file under
* the terms of any one of the MPL, the GPL or the LGPL.
* ***** END LICENSE BLOCK ***** */
interface nsIEventTarget : nsISupports
* Dispatch an event to this event target. This function may be called from
* any thread, and it may be called re-entrantly.
* @param event
* The event to dispatch.
* @param flags
* The flags modifying event dispatch. The flags are described in detail
* @throws NS_ERROR_INVALID_ARG
* Indicates that event is null.
* @throws NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED
* Indicates that the thread is shutting down and has finished processing
* events, so this event would never run and has not been dispatched.
void dispatch(in nsIRunnable event, in unsigned long flags);
* This flag specifies the default mode of event dispatch, whereby the event
* is simply queued for later processing. When this flag is specified,
* dispatch returns immediately after the event is queued.
const unsigned long DISPATCH_NORMAL = 0;
* This flag specifies the synchronous mode of event dispatch, in which the
* dispatch method does not return until the event has been processed.
* NOTE: passing this flag to dispatch may have the side-effect of causing
* other events on the current thread to be processed while waiting for the
* given event to be processed.
const unsigned long DISPATCH_SYNC = 1;
* Check to see if this event target is associated with the current thread.
* A boolean value that if "true" indicates that events dispatched to this
* event target will run on the current thread (i.e., the thread calling
* this method).
// convenient aliases:
#define NS_DISPATCH_NORMAL nsIEventTarget::DISPATCH_NORMAL
#define NS_DISPATCH_SYNC nsIEventTarget::DISPATCH_SYNC