/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 2; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*- */
/* vim:set ts=2 sw=2 sts=2 et cindent: */
/* ***** BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK *****
* Version: MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1
* The contents of this file are subject to the Mozilla Public License Version
* 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
* the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" basis,
* WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
* for the specific language governing rights and limitations under the
* The Original Code is Mozilla code.
* The Initial Developer of the Original Code is Google Inc.
* Portions created by the Initial Developer are Copyright (C) 2006
* the Initial Developer. All Rights Reserved.
* Darin Fisher <email@example.com>
* Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the terms of
* either the GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL"), or
* the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 or later (the "LGPL"),
* in which case the provisions of the GPL or the LGPL are applicable instead
* of those above. If you wish to allow use of your version of this file only
* under the terms of either the GPL or the LGPL, and not to allow others to
* use your version of this file under the terms of the MPL, indicate your
* decision by deleting the provisions above and replace them with the notice
* and other provisions required by the GPL or the LGPL. If you do not delete
* the provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this file under
* the terms of any one of the MPL, the GPL or the LGPL.
* ***** END LICENSE BLOCK ***** */
interface nsIThreadPoolListener : nsISupports
* Called when a new thread is created by the thread pool. The notification
* happens on the newly-created thread.
* Called when a thread is about to be destroyed by the thread pool. The
* notification happens on the thread that is about to be destroyed.
* An interface to a thread pool. A thread pool creates a limited number of
* anonymous (unnamed) worker threads. An event dispatched to the thread pool
* will be run on the next available worker thread.
interface nsIThreadPool : nsIEventTarget
* Shutdown the thread pool. This method may not be executed from any thread
* in the thread pool. Instead, it is meant to be executed from another
* thread (usually the thread that created this thread pool). When this
* function returns, the thread pool and all of its threads will be shutdown,
* and it will no longer be possible to dispatch tasks to the thread pool.
* Get/set the maximum number of threads allowed at one time in this pool.
attribute unsigned long threadLimit;
* Get/set the maximum number of idle threads kept alive.
attribute unsigned long idleThreadLimit;
* Get/set the amount of time in milliseconds before an idle thread is
attribute unsigned long idleThreadTimeout;
* An optional listener that will be notified when a thread is created or
* destroyed in the course of the thread pool's operation.
* A listener will only receive notifications about threads created after the
* listener is set so it is recommended that the consumer set the listener
* before dispatching the first event. A listener that receives an
* onThreadCreated() notification is guaranteed to always receive the
* corresponding onThreadShuttingDown() notification.
* The thread pool takes ownership of the listener and releases it when the
* shutdown() method is called. Threads created after the listener is set will
* also take ownership of the listener so that the listener will be kept alive
* long enough to receive the guaranteed onThreadShuttingDown() notification.
attribute nsIThreadPoolListener listener;