/* vim:set expandtab ts=4 sw=4 sts=4 cin: */
/* ***** BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK *****
* Version: MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1
* The contents of this file are subject to the Mozilla Public License Version
* 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
* the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" basis,
* WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
* for the specific language governing rights and limitations under the
* The Original Code is mozilla.org unicode stream converter code.
* The Initial Developer of the Original Code is
* Christian Biesinger <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
* Portions created by the Initial Developer are Copyright (C) 2005
* the Initial Developer. All Rights Reserved.
* Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the terms of
* either the GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL"), or
* the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 or later (the "LGPL"),
* in which case the provisions of the GPL or the LGPL are applicable instead
* of those above. If you wish to allow use of your version of this file only
* under the terms of either the GPL or the LGPL, and not to allow others to
* use your version of this file under the terms of the MPL, indicate your
* decision by deleting the provisions above and replace them with the notice
* and other provisions required by the GPL or the LGPL. If you do not delete
* the provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this file under
* the terms of any one of the MPL, the GPL or the LGPL.
* ***** END LICENSE BLOCK ***** */
* An interface that allows writing unicode data.
interface nsIUnicharOutputStream : nsISupports
* Write a single character to the stream. When writing many characters,
* prefer the string-taking write method.
* @retval true The character was written successfully
* @retval false Not all bytes of the character could be written.
boolean write(in unsigned long aCount,
[const, array, size_is(aCount)] in PRUnichar c);
* Write a string to the stream.
* @retval true The string was written successfully
* @retval false Not all bytes of the string could be written.
boolean writeString(in AString str);
* Flush the stream. This finishes the conversion and writes any bytes that
* finish the current byte sequence.
* It does NOT flush the underlying stream.
* @see nsIUnicodeEncoder::Finish
* Close the stream and free associated resources. This also closes the
* underlying stream.