/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 2; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*- */
/* ***** BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK *****
* Version: MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1
* The contents of this file are subject to the Mozilla Public License Version
* 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
* the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" basis,
* WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
* for the specific language governing rights and limitations under the
* The Original Code is mozilla.org code.
* The Initial Developer of the Original Code is
* Netscape Communications Corporation.
* Portions created by the Initial Developer are Copyright (C) 2003
* the Initial Developer. All Rights Reserved.
* Kathleen Brade (email@example.com)
* Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the terms of
* either of the GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL"),
* or the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 or later (the "LGPL"),
* in which case the provisions of the GPL or the LGPL are applicable instead
* of those above. If you wish to allow use of your version of this file only
* under the terms of either the GPL or the LGPL, and not to allow others to
* use your version of this file under the terms of the MPL, indicate your
* decision by deleting the provisions above and replace them with the notice
* and other provisions required by the GPL or the LGPL. If you do not delete
* the provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this file under
* the terms of any one of the MPL, the GPL or the LGPL.
* ***** END LICENSE BLOCK ***** */
interface nsIContentFilter : nsISupports
* This notification occurs in an editor during these events:
* * open of document (once rendered in window but before editable)
* * paste from clipboard
* * drop from mouse
* * insertion of html (such as with "cmd_insertHTML")
* It provides a hook so the above actions can be canceled or the data
* can be modified (using standard DOM APIs) or left untouched. The data
* that results (if any) from all filter callbacks is what will be used
* for transaction purposes (undo/redo) except for the open event.
* The willDeleteSelection parameter is offered for filters who want to
* handle the insertion themselves and need to handle drag/drop correctly.
* The flag is true when the editor intends to delete the selection.
* Callers who want to cancel all insertion can simply set
* continueWithInsertion to PR_FALSE and return.
* Note: If cancellation occurs during the "open" event, the editor will
* still be available but will be empty.
* Callers who want to allow insertion of the data with no changes
* can simply set continueWithInsertion to PR_TRUE and return.
* Callers who want to modify the content (docFragment) being inserted are
* responsible for updating contentStartNode, contentStartOffset,
* contentEndNode, and contentEndOffset (if necessary).
* Callers are responsible for freeing and addref'ing if they want to
* completely replace any of the DOM nodes passed in.
* The location where insertion will occur should be considered an
* approximation since the editor may need to adjust it if it deletes
* the selection as part of the event and later determines that insertion
* point is an empty container which should also be removed (or in other
* scenarios such as -moz-user-select:none).
* In some scenarios the selection will be deleted. If callers choose
* to adjust the insertion point, they should be careful that the insertion
* point is not in the current selection.
* The contentStartNode and contentEndNode are not necessarily
* immediate children of the docFragment. Any nodes outside of the range
* set by contentStartNode and contentEndNode are for context from the
* source document.
* @param mimeType the mimetype used for retrieving data
* @param contentSourceURL location where docFragment came from
* @param sourceDocument document where content came from (can be null)
* @param willDeleteSelection tells hook if selection will/should be deleted
* @param docFragment fragment of node to be inserted
* @param contentStartNode node under which content to be inserted begins
* @param contentStartOffset start offset within contentStartNode
* @param contentEndNode node under which content to be inserted ends
* @param contentEndOffset ending offset withing contentEndNode
* @param insertionPointNode location where insertion will occur
* @param insertionPointOffset offset within node where insertion occurs
* @param continueWithInsertion flag to cancel insertion (if desired)
void notifyOfInsertion(in AString mimeType,
in nsIURL contentSourceURL,
in nsIDOMDocument sourceDocument,
in PRBool willDeleteSelection,
inout nsIDOMNode docFragment,
inout nsIDOMNode contentStartNode,
inout long contentStartOffset,
inout nsIDOMNode contentEndNode,
inout long contentEndOffset,
inout nsIDOMNode insertionPointNode,
inout long insertionPointOffset,
out boolean continueWithInsertion);