/* vim:set expandtab ts=4 sw=4 sts=4 cin: */
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* This interface allows writing strings to a stream, doing automatic
* character encoding conversion.
interface nsIConverterOutputStream : nsIUnicharOutputStream
* Initialize this stream. Must be called before any other method on this
* interface, or you will crash. The output stream passed to this method
* must not be null, or you will crash.
* @param aOutStream
* The underlying output stream to which the converted strings will
* be written.
* @param aCharset
* The character set to use for encoding the characters. A null
* charset will be interpreted as UTF-8.
void init(in nsIOutputStream aOutStream, in string aCharset);