/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 2; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*- */
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* nsIWindowProvider is a callback interface used by Gecko when it needs to
* open a new window. This interface can be implemented by Gecko consumers who
* wish to provide a custom "new window" of their own (for example by returning
* a new tab, an existing window, etc) instead of just having a real new
* toplevel window open.
* The nsIWindowProvider interface exists so that the window watcher's default
* behavior of opening a new window can be easly modified. When the window
* watcher needs to open a new window, it will first check with the
* nsIWindowProvider it gets from the parent window. If there is no provider
* or the provider does not provide a window, the window watcher will proceed
* to actually open a new window.
interface nsIWindowProvider : nsISupports
* A method to request that this provider provide a window. The window
* returned need not to have the right name or parent set on it; setting
* those is the caller's responsibility. The provider can always return null
* to have the caller create a brand-new window.
* @param aParent Must not be null. This is the window that the caller wants
* to use as the parent for the new window. Generally,
* nsIWindowProvider implementors can expect to be somehow related to
* aParent; the relationship may depend on the nsIWindowProvider
* @param aChromeFlags The chrome flags the caller will use to create a new
* window if this provider returns null. See nsIWebBrowserChrome for
* the possible values of this field.
* @param aPositionSpecified Whether the attempt to create a window is trying
* to specify a position for the new window.
* @param aSizeSpecified Whether the attempt to create a window is trying to
* specify a size for the new window.
* @param aURI The URI to be loaded in the new window (may be NULL). The
* nsIWindowProvider implementation must not load this URI into the
* window it returns. This URI is provided solely to help the
* nsIWindowProvider implementation make decisions; the caller will
* handle loading the URI in the window returned if provideWindow
* returns a window.
* When making decisions based on aURI, note that even when it's not
* null, aURI may not represent all relevant information about the
* load. For example, the load may have extra load flags, POST data,
* @param aName The name of the window being opened. Setting the name on the
* return value of provideWindow will be handled by the caller; aName
* is provided solely to help the nsIWindowProvider implementation
* make decisions.
* @param aFeatures The feature string for the window being opened. This may
* be empty. The nsIWindowProvider implementation is allowed to apply
* the feature string to the window it returns in any way it sees fit.
* See the nsIWindowWatcher interface for details on feature strings.
* @param aWindowIsNew [out] Whether the window being returned was just
* created by the window provider implementation. This can be used by
* callers to keep track of which windows were opened by the user as
* opposed to being opened programmatically. This should be set to
* false if the window being returned existed before the
* provideWindow() call. The value of this out parameter is
* meaningless if provideWindow() returns null.
* @return A window the caller should use or null if the caller should just
* create a new window. The returned window may be newly opened by
* the nsIWindowProvider implementation or may be a window that
* already existed.
* @throw NS_ERROR_ABORT if the caller should cease its attempt to open a new
* @see nsIWindowWatcher for more information on aFeatures.
* @see nsIWebBrowserChrome for more information on aChromeFlags.
mozIDOMWindowProxy provideWindow(in mozIDOMWindowProxy aParent,
in unsigned long aChromeFlags,
in boolean aCalledFromJS,
in boolean aPositionSpecified,
in boolean aSizeSpecified,
in nsIURI aURI,
in AString aName,
in AUTF8String aFeatures,
in boolean aForceNoOpener,
out boolean aWindowIsNew);