/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 4 -*- */
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* The multiplex stream concatenates a list of input streams into a single
interface nsIMultiplexInputStream : nsIInputStream
* Number of streams in this multiplex-stream
readonly attribute unsigned long count;
* Appends a stream to the end of the streams. The cursor of the stream
* should be located at the beginning of the stream if the implementation
* of this nsIMultiplexInputStream also is used as an nsISeekableStream.
* @param stream stream to append
void appendStream(in nsIInputStream stream);
* Insert a stream at specified index. If the cursor of this stream is at
* the beginning of the stream at index, the cursor will be placed at the
* beginning of the inserted stream instead.
* The cursor of the new stream should be located at the beginning of the
* stream if the implementation of this nsIMultiplexInputStream also is
* used as an nsISeekableStream.
* @param stream stream to insert
* @param index index to insert stream at, must be <= count
void insertStream(in nsIInputStream stream, in unsigned long index);
* Remove stream at specified index. If this stream is the one currently
* being read the readcursor is moved to the beginning of the next
* @param index remove stream at this index, must be < count
void removeStream(in unsigned long index);
* Get stream at specified index.
* @param index return stream at this index, must be < count
* @return stream at specified index
nsIInputStream getStream(in unsigned long index);