/* -*- Mode: IDL; tab-width: 2; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*- */
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* An interface representing a channel which will have to execute some sort of
* program provided via its URI to compute the data it should return.
* If a channel implements this interface, the execution of the program in
* question will be restricted in the following ways:
* - If the channel does not have an owner principal, the program will not be
* executed at all, no matter what. This is necessary because in this
* circumstance we have no way to tell whether script execution is allowed at
* all for the originating security context of this channel.
* - If the channel has an owner principal, how it is executed is controlled by
* this interface. However if the owner principal does not subsume the
* principal of the environment in which the program is to be executed the
* execution will be forced to happen in a sandbox.
interface nsIScriptChannel : nsISupports
* Possible ways of executing the program.
* Don't execute at all.
const unsigned long NO_EXECUTION = 0;
* There used to be an EXECUTE_IN_SANDBOX = 1 value. It has been removed, but
* we're not changing the value of EXECUTE_NORMAL to avoid breaking compat.
* Execute against the target environment if the principals allow it.
const unsigned long EXECUTE_NORMAL = 2;
* Whether and how the program represented by this channel is to be executed.
* The default value if this property has never been set on this channel MUST
* be either EXECUTE_IN_SANDBOX or NO_EXECUTION.
* @throws NS_ERROR_INVALID_ARG when set to an unrecognized value.
attribute unsigned long executionPolicy;
* Control whether the program should be executed synchronosly when
* the channel's AsyncOpen method is called or whether it should be
* executed asynchronously. In both cases, any data that the
* channel returns will be returned asynchronously; the only thing
* this property affects is when the program executes.
* The default value of this property is TRUE.
* Setting this property after asyncOpen has been called on the
* channel has no effect.
attribute boolean executeAsync;