/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 2; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 4 -*- */
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* The URI checker is a component that can be used to verify the existence
* of a resource at the location specified by a given URI. It will use
* protocol specific methods to verify the URI (e.g., use of HEAD request
* for HTTP URIs).
interface nsIURIChecker : nsIRequest
* Initializes the URI checker. After this method is called, it is valid
* to further configure the URI checker by calling its nsIRequest methods.
* This method creates the channel that will be used to verify the URI.
* In the case of the HTTP protocol, only a HEAD request will be issued.
* @param aURI
* The URI to be checked.
void init(in nsIURI aURI);
* Returns the base channel that will be used to verify the URI.
readonly attribute nsIChannel baseChannel;
* Begin asynchronous checking URI for validity. Notification will be
* asynchronous through the nsIRequestObserver callback interface. When
* OnStartRequest is fired, the baseChannel attribute will have been
* updated to reflect the final channel used (corresponding to any redirects
* that may have been followed).
* Our interpretations of the nsIRequestObserver status codes:
* NS_BINDING_SUCCEEDED: link is valid
* NS_BINDING_FAILED: link is invalid (gave an error)
* NS_BINDING_ABORTED: timed out, or cancelled
* @param aObserver
* The object to notify when the link is verified. We will
* call aObserver.OnStartRequest followed immediately by
* aObserver.OnStopRequest. It is recommended that the caller use
* OnStopRequest to act on the link's status. The underlying request
* will not be cancelled until after OnStopRequest has been called.
* @param aContext
* A closure that will be passed back to the nsIRequestObserver
void asyncCheck(in nsIRequestObserver aObserver, in nsISupports aContext);