/* vim:set expandtab ts=4 sw=4 sts=4 cin: */
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* This interface allows writing strings to a stream, doing automatic
* character encoding conversion.
interface nsIConverterOutputStream : nsIUnicharOutputStream
* Initialize this stream. Must be called before any other method on this
* interface, or you will crash. The output stream passed to this method
* must not be null, or you will crash.
* @param aOutStream
* The underlying output stream to which the converted strings will
* be written.
* @param aCharset
* The character set to use for encoding the characters. A null
* charset will be interpreted as UTF-8.
* @param aBufferSize
* How many bytes to buffer. A value of 0 means that no bytes will be
* buffered. Implementations not supporting buffering may ignore
* this parameter.
* @param aReplacementCharacter
* The replacement character to use when an unsupported character is found.
* The character must be encodable in the selected character
* encoding; otherwise, attempts to write an unsupported character
* will throw NS_ERROR_LOSS_OF_SIGNIFICANT_DATA.
* A value of 0x0000 will cause an exception to be thrown upon
* attempts to write unsupported characters.
void init(in nsIOutputStream aOutStream, in string aCharset,
in unsigned long aBufferSize,
in PRUnichar aReplacementCharacter);