/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 2; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*- */
/* vim:set ts=2 sw=2 sts=2 et cindent: */
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* Creates and opens a temporary file which has a random name. Callers have no
* control over the file name, and the file is opened in a temporary location
* which is appropriate for the platform.
* Upon success, aOutFileDesc contains an opened handle to the temporary file.
* The caller is responsible for closing the file when they're finished with it.
* The file will be deleted when the file handle is closed. On non-Windows
* platforms the file will be unlinked before this function returns. On Windows
* the OS supplied delete-on-close mechanism is unreliable if the application
* crashes or the computer power cycles unexpectedly, so unopened temporary
* files are purged at some time after application startup.