/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* Start and stop the remote service (xremote/phremote), and register
* windows with the service for backwards compatibility with old xremote
* @status FLUID This interface is not frozen and is not intended for embedders
* who want a frozen API. If you are an embedder and need this
* functionality, contact Benjamin Smedberg about the possibility
* of freezing the functionality you need.
interface nsIRemoteService : nsISupports
* Start the remote service. This should not be done until app startup
* appears to have been successful.
* @param appName (Required) Sets a window property identifying the
* @param profileName (May be null) Sets a window property identifying the
* profile name.
void startup(in string appName, in string profileName);
* Register a XUL window with the xremote service. The window will be
* configured to accept incoming remote requests. If this method is called
* before startup(), the registration will happen once startup() is called.
void registerWindow(in nsIDOMWindow aWindow);
* Stop the remote service from accepting additional requests.