/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
[function, scriptable, uuid(e4089e21-71b6-40af-b546-33c21b90e874)]
interface mozIRepresentativeColorCallback : nsISupports
* Will be called when color analysis finishes.
* @param success
* True if analysis was successful, false otherwise.
* Analysis can fail if the image is transparent, imageURI doesn't
* resolve to a valid image, or the image is too big.
* @param color
* The representative color as an integer in RGB form.
* e.g. 0xFF0102 == rgb(255,1,2)
* If success is false, color is not provided.
void onComplete(in boolean success, [optional] in unsigned long color);
interface mozIColorAnalyzer : nsISupports
* Given an image URI, find the most representative color for that image
* based on the frequency of each color. Preference is given to colors that
* are more interesting. Avoids the background color if it can be
* discerned. Ignores sufficiently transparent colors.
* This is intended to be used on favicon images. Larger images take longer
* to process, especially those with a larger number of unique colors. If
* imageURI points to an image that has more than 128^2 pixels, this method
* will fail before analyzing it for performance reasons.
* @param imageURI
* A URI pointing to the image - ideally a data: URI, but any scheme
* that will load when setting the src attribute of a DOM img element
* should work.
* @param callback
* Function to call when the representative color is found or an
* error occurs.
void findRepresentativeColor(in nsIURI imageURI,
in mozIRepresentativeColorCallback callback);