/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 2; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*- */
/* vim:set ts=2 sw=2 sts=2 et cindent: */
/* ***** BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK *****
* Version: MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1
* The contents of this file are subject to the Mozilla Public License Version
* 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
* the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" basis,
* WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
* for the specific language governing rights and limitations under the
* The Original Code is Mozilla code.
* The Initial Developer of the Original Code is Google Inc.
* Portions created by the Initial Developer are Copyright (C) 2006
* the Initial Developer. All Rights Reserved.
* Darin Fisher <email@example.com>
* Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the terms of
* either the GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL"), or
* the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 or later (the "LGPL"),
* in which case the provisions of the GPL or the LGPL are applicable instead
* of those above. If you wish to allow use of your version of this file only
* under the terms of either the GPL or the LGPL, and not to allow others to
* use your version of this file under the terms of the MPL, indicate your
* decision by deleting the provisions above and replace them with the notice
* and other provisions required by the GPL or the LGPL. If you do not delete
* the provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this file under
* the terms of any one of the MPL, the GPL or the LGPL.
* ***** END LICENSE BLOCK ***** */
[ptr] native PRThread(PRThread);
* An interface for creating and locating nsIThread instances.
interface nsIThreadManager : nsISupports
* Default number of bytes reserved for a thread's stack, if no stack size
* is specified in newThread(). 0 means use platform default.
const unsigned long DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE = 0;
* Create a new thread (a global, user PRThread).
* @param creationFlags
* Reserved for future use. Pass 0.
* @param stackSize
* Number of bytes to reserve for the thread's stack.
* The newly created nsIThread object.
nsIThread newThread(in unsigned long creationFlags, [optional] in unsigned long stackSize);
* Get the nsIThread object (if any) corresponding to the given PRThread.
* This method returns null if there is no corresponding nsIThread.
* @param prthread
* The PRThread of the nsIThread being requested.
* The nsIThread object corresponding to the given PRThread or null if no
* such nsIThread exists.
[noscript] nsIThread getThreadFromPRThread(in PRThread prthread);
* Get the main thread.
readonly attribute nsIThread mainThread;
* Get the current thread. If the calling thread does not already have a
* nsIThread associated with it, then a new nsIThread will be created and
* associated with the current PRThread.
readonly attribute nsIThread currentThread;
* This attribute is true if the calling thread is the main thread of the
* application process.
readonly attribute boolean isMainThread;
* This attribute is true if the calling thread is the thread on which the
* cycle collector runs.
readonly attribute boolean isCycleCollectorThread;