/* vim:set expandtab ts=4 sw=4 sts=4 cin: */
/* ***** BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK *****
* Version: MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1
* The contents of this file are subject to the Mozilla Public License Version
* 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
* the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" basis,
* WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
* for the specific language governing rights and limitations under the
* The Original Code is mozilla.org unicode stream converter code.
* The Initial Developer of the Original Code is
* Christian Biesinger <email@example.com>.
* Portions created by the Initial Developer are Copyright (C) 2005
* the Initial Developer. All Rights Reserved.
* Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the terms of
* either the GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL"), or
* the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 or later (the "LGPL"),
* in which case the provisions of the GPL or the LGPL are applicable instead
* of those above. If you wish to allow use of your version of this file only
* under the terms of either the GPL or the LGPL, and not to allow others to
* use your version of this file under the terms of the MPL, indicate your
* decision by deleting the provisions above and replace them with the notice
* and other provisions required by the GPL or the LGPL. If you do not delete
* the provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this file under
* the terms of any one of the MPL, the GPL or the LGPL.
* ***** END LICENSE BLOCK ***** */
* This interface allows writing strings to a stream, doing automatic
* character encoding conversion.
interface nsIConverterOutputStream : nsIUnicharOutputStream
* Initialize this stream. Must be called before any other method on this
* interface, or you will crash. The output stream passed to this method
* must not be null, or you will crash.
* @param aOutStream
* The underlying output stream to which the converted strings will
* be written.
* @param aCharset
* The character set to use for encoding the characters. A null
* charset will be interpreted as UTF-8.
* @param aBufferSize
* How many bytes to buffer. A value of 0 means that no bytes will be
* buffered. Implementations not supporting buffering may ignore
* this parameter.
* @param aReplacementCharacter
* The replacement character to use when an unsupported character is found.
* The character must be encodable in the selected character
* encoding; otherwise, attempts to write an unsupported character
* will throw NS_ERROR_LOSS_OF_SIGNIFICANT_DATA.
* A value of 0x0000 will cause an exception to be thrown upon
* attempts to write unsupported characters.
void init(in nsIOutputStream aOutStream, in string aCharset,
in unsigned long aBufferSize,
in PRUnichar aReplacementCharacter);