/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 2; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*- */
/* ***** BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK *****
* Version: MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1
* The contents of this file are subject to the Mozilla Public License Version
* 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
* the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" basis,
* WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
* for the specific language governing rights and limitations under the
* The Original Code is mozilla.org code.
* The Initial Developer of the Original Code is
* Netscape Communications Corporation.
* Portions created by the Initial Developer are Copyright (C) 1998
* the Initial Developer. All Rights Reserved.
* Brett Wilson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the terms of
* either of the GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL"),
* or the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 or later (the "LGPL"),
* in which case the provisions of the GPL or the LGPL are applicable instead
* of those above. If you wish to allow use of your version of this file only
* under the terms of either the GPL or the LGPL, and not to allow others to
* use your version of this file under the terms of the MPL, indicate your
* decision by deleting the provisions above and replace them with the notice
* and other provisions required by the GPL or the LGPL. If you do not delete
* the provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this file under
* the terms of any one of the MPL, the GPL or the LGPL.
* ***** END LICENSE BLOCK ***** */
interface nsIEditorSpellCheck : nsISupports
* Call this on any change in installed dictionaries to ensure that the spell
* checker is not using a current dictionary which is no longer available.
* If the current dictionary is no longer available, then pick another one.
* Returns true if we can enable spellchecking. If there are no available
* dictionaries, this will return false.
* Turns on the spell checker for the given editor. enableSelectionChecking
* set means that we only want to check the current selection in the editor,
* (this controls the behavior of GetNextMisspelledWord). For spellchecking
* clients with no modal UI (such as inline spellcheckers), this flag doesn't
void InitSpellChecker(in nsIEditor editor, in boolean enableSelectionChecking);
* When interactively spell checking the document, this will return the
* value of the next word that is misspelled. This also computes the
* suggestions which you can get by calling GetSuggestedWord.
* @see nsISpellChecker::GetNextMisspelledWord
* Used to get suggestions for the last word that was checked and found to
* be misspelled. The first call will give you the first (best) suggestion.
* Subsequent calls will iterate through all the suggestions, allowing you
* to build a list. When there are no more suggestions, an empty string
* (not a null pointer) will be returned.
* @see nsISpellChecker::GetSuggestedWord
* Check a given word. In spite of the name, this function checks the word
* you give it, returning true if the word is misspelled. If the word is
* misspelled, it will compute the suggestions which you can get from
* @see nsISpellChecker::CheckCurrentWord
boolean CheckCurrentWord(in wstring suggestedWord);
* Use when modally checking the document to replace a word.
* @see nsISpellChecker::CheckCurrentWord
void ReplaceWord(in wstring misspelledWord, in wstring replaceWord, in boolean allOccurrences);
* @see nsISpellChecker::IgnoreAll
void IgnoreWordAllOccurrences(in wstring word);
* Fills an internal list of words added to the personal dictionary. These
* words can be retrieved using GetPersonalDictionaryWord()
* @see nsISpellChecker::GetPersonalDictionary
* @see GetPersonalDictionaryWord
* Used after you call GetPersonalDictionary() to iterate through all the
* words added to the personal dictionary. Will return the empty string when
* there are no more words.
* Adds a word to the current personal dictionary.
* @see nsISpellChecker::AddWordToDictionary
void AddWordToDictionary(in wstring word);
* Removes a word from the current personal dictionary.
* @see nsISpellChecker::RemoveWordFromPersonalDictionary
void RemoveWordFromDictionary(in wstring word);
* Retrieves a list of the currently available dictionaries. The strings will
* typically be language IDs, like "en-US".
* @see mozISpellCheckingEngine::GetDictionaryList
void GetDictionaryList([array, size_is(count)] out wstring dictionaryList, out PRUint32 count);
* @see nsISpellChecker::GetCurrentDictionary
* @see nsISpellChecker::SetCurrentDictionary
void SetCurrentDictionary(in AString dictionary);
* Call this to free up the spell checking object. It will also save the
* current selected language as the default for future use.
* If you have called CanSpellCheck but not InitSpellChecker, you can still
* call this function to clear the cached spell check object, and no
* preference saving will happen.
* Used to filter the content (for example, to skip blockquotes in email from
* spellchecking. Call this before calling InitSpellChecker; calling it
* after initialization will have no effect.
* @see nsITextServicesDocument::setFilter
void setFilter(in nsITextServicesFilter filter);
* Like CheckCurrentWord, checks the word you give it, returning true if it's
* misspelled. This is faster than CheckCurrentWord because it does not
* compute any suggestions.
* Watch out: this does not clear any suggestions left over from previous
* calls to CheckCurrentWord, so there may be suggestions, but they will be
boolean CheckCurrentWordNoSuggest(in wstring suggestedWord);
* Update the dictionary in use to be sure it corresponds to what the editor