/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 4 -*- */
/* ***** BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK *****
* Version: MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1
* The contents of this file are subject to the Mozilla Public License Version
* 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
* the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" basis,
* WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
* for the specific language governing rights and limitations under the
* The Original Code is the Mozilla gecko engine.
* The Initial Developer of the Original Code is
* Benjamin Smedberg <email@example.com>.
* Portions created by the Initial Developer are Copyright (C) 2004
* the Initial Developer. All Rights Reserved.
* Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the terms of
* either the GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL"), or
* the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 or later (the "LGPL"),
* in which case the provisions of the GPL or the LGPL are applicable instead
* of those above. If you wish to allow use of your version of this file only
* under the terms of either the GPL or the LGPL, and not to allow others to
* use your version of this file under the terms of the MPL, indicate your
* decision by deleting the provisions above and replace them with the notice
* and other provisions required by the GPL or the LGPL. If you do not delete
* the provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this file under
* the terms of any one of the MPL, the GPL or the LGPL.
* ***** END LICENSE BLOCK ***** */
* Provides information about global history to gecko.
* @note This interface replaces and deprecates nsIGlobalHistory.
// nsIObserver topic to fire when you add new visited URIs to the history;
// the nsIURI is the subject
#define NS_LINK_VISITED_EVENT_TOPIC "link-visited"
interface nsIGlobalHistory2 : nsISupports
* Add a URI to global history
* @param aURI the URI of the page
* @param aRedirect whether the URI was redirected to another location;
* this is 'true' for the original URI which is
* @param aToplevel whether the URI is loaded in a top-level window
* @param aReferrer the URI of the referring page
* @note Docshell will not filter out URI schemes like chrome: data:
* about: and view-source:. Embedders should consider filtering out
* these schemes and others, e.g. mailbox: for the main URI and the
void addURI(in nsIURI aURI, in boolean aRedirect, in boolean aToplevel, in nsIURI aReferrer);
* Checks to see whether the given URI is in history.
* @param aURI the uri to the page
* @return true if a URI has been visited
boolean isVisited(in nsIURI aURI);
* Set the page title for the given uri. URIs that are not already in
* global history will not be added.
* @param aURI the URI for which to set to the title
* @param aTitle the page title
void setPageTitle(in nsIURI aURI, in AString aTitle);