/* -*- Mode: IDL; tab-width: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*-
* ***** BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK *****
* Version: MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1
* The contents of this file are subject to the Mozilla Public License Version
* 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
* the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" basis,
* WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
* for the specific language governing rights and limitations under the
* The Original Code is the Mozilla browser.
* The Initial Developer of the Original Code is
* Netscape Communications, Inc.
* Portions created by the Initial Developer are Copyright (C) 1999
* the Initial Developer. All Rights Reserved.
* Travis Bogard <email@example.com>
* Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the terms of
* either of the GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL"),
* or the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 or later (the "LGPL"),
* in which case the provisions of the GPL or the LGPL are applicable instead
* of those above. If you wish to allow use of your version of this file only
* under the terms of either the GPL or the LGPL, and not to allow others to
* use your version of this file under the terms of the MPL, indicate your
* decision by deleting the provisions above and replace them with the notice
* and other provisions required by the GPL or the LGPL. If you do not delete
* the provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this file under
* the terms of any one of the MPL, the GPL or the LGPL.
* ***** END LICENSE BLOCK ***** */
* The nsIInterfaceRequestor interface defines a generic interface for
* requesting interfaces that a given object might provide access to.
* This is very similar to QueryInterface found in nsISupports.
* The main difference is that interfaces returned from GetInterface()
* are not required to provide a way back to the object implementing this
* interface. The semantics of QI() dictate that given an interface A that
* you QI() on to get to interface B, you must be able to QI on B to get back
* to A. This interface however allows you to obtain an interface C from A
* that may or most likely will not have the ability to get back to A.
interface nsIInterfaceRequestor : nsISupports
* Retrieves the specified interface pointer.
* @param uuid The IID of the interface being requested.
* @param result [out] The interface pointer to be filled in if
* the interface is accessible.
* @return NS_OK - interface was successfully returned.
* NS_NOINTERFACE - interface not accessible.
* NS_ERROR* - method failure.
void getInterface(in nsIIDRef uuid,
[iid_is(uuid),retval] out nsQIResult result);