/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 2; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*- */
/* ***** BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK *****
* Version: MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1
* The contents of this file are subject to the Mozilla Public License Version
* 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
* the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" basis,
* WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
* for the specific language governing rights and limitations under the
* The Original Code is The Browser Profile Migrator.
* The Initial Developer of the Original Code is Ben Goodger.
* Portions created by the Initial Developer are Copyright (C) 2004
* the Initial Developer. All Rights Reserved.
* Ben Goodger <email@example.com>
* Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the terms of
* either the GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL"), or
* the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 or later (the "LGPL"),
* in which case the provisions of the GPL or the LGPL are applicable instead
* of those above. If you wish to allow use of your version of this file only
* under the terms of either the GPL or the LGPL, and not to allow others to
* use your version of this file under the terms of the MPL, indicate your
* decision by deleting the provisions above and replace them with the notice
* and other provisions required by the GPL or the LGPL. If you do not delete
* the provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this file under
* the terms of any one of the MPL, the GPL or the LGPL.
* ***** END LICENSE BLOCK ***** */
* Helper interface for nsIProfileMigrator.
* @provider Toolkit (Startup code)
* @client Application (Profile-migration code)
* @obtainable nsIProfileMigrator.migrate
interface nsIProfileStartup : nsISupports
* The root directory of the semi-current profile, during profile migration.
* After nsIProfileMigrator.migrate has returned, this object will not be
readonly attribute nsIFile directory;
* Do profile-startup by setting NS_APP_USER_PROFILE_50_DIR in the directory
* service and notifying the profile-startup observer topics.
* Migrate application settings from an outside source.
* @provider Application (Profile-migration code)
* @client Toolkit (Startup code)
* @obtainable service, contractid("@mozilla.org/toolkit/profile-migrator;1")
interface nsIProfileMigrator : nsISupports
* Import existing profile paths. When the app is started the first
* time, if there are no INI-style profiles, appstartup will call
* this method to import any registry- style profiles that may
* exist. When this method is called, there is no event queue
* service and this method should not attempt to use the network or
* show any GUI.
* @note You don't actually have to move the profile data. Just call
* nsIToolkitProfileService.create on the existing profile path(s).
* Do profile migration.
* When this method is called, a default profile has been created;
* XPCOM has been initialized such that compreg.dat is in the
* profile; the directory service does *not* return a key for
* NS_APP_USER_PROFILE_50_DIR or any of the keys depending on an active
* profile. To figure out the directory of the "current" profile, use
* If your migrator needs to access services that use the profile (to
* set profile prefs or bookmarks, for example), use aStartup.doStartup.
* The startup code ignores COM exceptions thrown from this method.
void migrate(in nsIProfileStartup aStartup);
#define NS_PROFILEMIGRATOR_CONTRACTID "@mozilla.org/toolkit/profile-migrator;1"