/* -*- Mode: IDL; tab-width: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 4 -*-
* ***** BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK *****
* Version: MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1
* The contents of this file are subject to the Mozilla Public License Version
* 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
* the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" basis,
* WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
* for the specific language governing rights and limitations under the
* The Original Code is the Mozilla browser.
* The Initial Developer of the Original Code is
* Netscape Communications, Inc.
* Portions created by the Initial Developer are Copyright (C) 1999
* the Initial Developer. All Rights Reserved.
* Adam Lock <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the terms of
* either of the GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL"),
* or the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 or later (the "LGPL"),
* in which case the provisions of the GPL or the LGPL are applicable instead
* of those above. If you wish to allow use of your version of this file only
* under the terms of either the GPL or the LGPL, and not to allow others to
* use your version of this file under the terms of the MPL, indicate your
* decision by deleting the provisions above and replace them with the notice
* and other provisions required by the GPL or the LGPL. If you do not delete
* the provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this file under
* the terms of any one of the MPL, the GPL or the LGPL.
* ***** END LICENSE BLOCK ***** */
* Interface implemented by objects capable of fixing up strings into URIs
interface nsIURIFixup : nsISupports
/** No fixup flags. */
const unsigned long FIXUP_FLAG_NONE = 0;
* Allow the fixup to use a keyword lookup service to complete the URI.
* The fixup object implementer should honour this flag and only perform
* any lengthy keyword (or search) operation if it is set.
const unsigned long FIXUP_FLAG_ALLOW_KEYWORD_LOOKUP = 1;
* Tell the fixup to make an alternate URI from the input URI, for example
* to turn foo into www.foo.com.
const unsigned long FIXUP_FLAGS_MAKE_ALTERNATE_URI = 2;
* Use UTF-8 to encode the URI instead of platform charset.
const unsigned long FIXUP_FLAG_USE_UTF8 = 4;
* Converts an internal URI (e.g. a wyciwyg URI) into one which we can
* expose to the user, for example on the URL bar.
* @param aURI The URI to be converted
* @return nsIURI The converted, exposable URI
* @throws NS_ERROR_MALFORMED_URI when the exposable portion of aURI is malformed
* @throws NS_ERROR_UNKNOWN_PROTOCOL when we can't get a protocol handler service
* for the URI scheme.
nsIURI createExposableURI(in nsIURI aURI);
* Converts the specified string into a URI, first attempting
* to correct any errors in the syntax or other vagaries. Returns
* a wellformed URI or nsnull if it can't.
* @param aURIText Candidate URI.
* @param aFixupFlags Flags that govern ways the URI may be fixed up.
nsIURI createFixupURI(in AUTF8String aURIText, in unsigned long aFixupFlags);
* Converts the specified keyword string into a URI. Note that it's the
* caller's responsibility to check whether keywords are enabled and
* whether aKeyword is a sensible keyword.
nsIURI keywordToURI(in AUTF8String aKeyword);