/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 2; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*- */
/* ***** BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK *****
* Version: MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1
* The contents of this file are subject to the Mozilla Public License Version
* 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
* the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" basis,
* WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
* for the specific language governing rights and limitations under the
* The Original Code is mozilla.org code.
* The Initial Developer of the Original Code is the Mozilla Foundation.
* Portions created by the Initial Developer are Copyright (C) 2011
* the Initial Developer. All Rights Reserved.
* Kyle Huey <email@example.com>
* Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the terms of
* either of the GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL"),
* or the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 or later (the "LGPL"),
* in which case the provisions of the GPL or the LGPL are applicable instead
* of those above. If you wish to allow use of your version of this file only
* under the terms of either the GPL or the LGPL, and not to allow others to
* use your version of this file under the terms of the MPL, indicate your
* decision by deleting the provisions above and replace them with the notice
* and other provisions required by the GPL or the LGPL. If you do not delete
* the provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this file under
* the terms of any one of the MPL, the GPL or the LGPL.
* ***** END LICENSE BLOCK ***** */
* nsIScriptableBase64Encoder efficiently encodes the contents
* of a nsIInputStream to a Base64 string. This avoids the need
* to read the entire stream into a buffer, and only then do the
* Base64 encoding.
* If you already have a buffer full of data, you should use
* btoa instead!
interface nsIScriptableBase64Encoder : nsISupports
* These methods take an nsIInputStream and return a narrow or wide
* string with the contents of the nsIInputStream base64 encoded.
* The stream passed in must support ReadSegments and must not be
* a non-blocking stream that will return NS_BASE_STREAM_WOULD_BLOCK.
* If either of these restrictions are violated we will abort.
ACString encodeToCString(in nsIInputStream stream, in unsigned long length);
AString encodeToString(in nsIInputStream stream, in unsigned long length);