# Getting started
1. Learn [where the code is](./where-is-the-code.md) and about the [architecture](./architecture-overview.md) of the tools.
2. [Set up your machine](./build.md) to build the tools, then [configure a development profile](development-profiles.md).
3. You can now experiment by changing things and rebuilding, look at the [files and directories overview](../files/README.md) or you could also [find something to work on](../bugs-issues.md).
## Additional documentation
* [MDN Web Docs](http://developer.mozilla.org/) (also known as *MDN*) has a lot of information about XUL elements, HTML, JS, DOM, Web APIs, Gecko-specific APIs, and more.
* [DXR](http://dxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/) is a source code search engine - search for symbols you want to learn about, eg. `nsIDocument`. [Searchfox](http://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/source) is an alternative.
It is a good idea to [add smart keyword searches](https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-search-from-address-bar) for DXR and MDN, so you can search faster.