/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 4 -*-
* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* The nsIStorageStream interface maintains an internal data buffer that can be
* filled using a single output stream. One or more independent input streams
* can be created to read the data from the buffer non-destructively.
interface nsIStorageStream : nsISupports
* Initialize the stream, setting up the amount of space that will be
* allocated for the stream's backing-store.
* @param segmentSize
* Size of each segment. Must be a power of two.
* @param maxSize
* Maximum total size of this stream. length will always be less
* than or equal to this value. Passing UINT32_MAX is safe.
void init(in uint32_t segmentSize, in uint32_t maxSize);
* Get a reference to the one and only output stream for this instance.
* The zero-based startPosition argument is used is used to set the initial
* write cursor position. The startPosition cannot be set larger than the
* current buffer length. Calling this method has the side-effect of
* truncating the internal buffer to startPosition bytes.
nsIOutputStream getOutputStream(in int32_t startPosition);
* Create a new input stream to read data (written by the singleton output
* stream) from the internal buffer. Multiple, independent input streams
* can be created.
nsIInputStream newInputStream(in int32_t startPosition);
* The length attribute indicates the total number of bytes stored in the
* nsIStorageStream internal buffer, regardless of any consumption by input
* streams. Assigning to the length field can be used to truncate the
* buffer data, but can not be used when either the instance's output
* stream is in use.
* @See #writeInProgress */
attribute uint32_t length;
* True, when output stream has not yet been Close'ed
readonly attribute boolean writeInProgress;
// Factory method
NS_NewStorageStream(uint32_t segmentSize, uint32_t maxSize, nsIStorageStream **result);