/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 2; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*- */
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* nsIScriptableBase64Encoder efficiently encodes the contents
* of a nsIInputStream to a Base64 string. This avoids the need
* to read the entire stream into a buffer, and only then do the
* Base64 encoding.
* If you already have a buffer full of data, you should use
* btoa instead!
interface nsIScriptableBase64Encoder : nsISupports
* These methods take an nsIInputStream and return a narrow or wide
* string with the contents of the nsIInputStream base64 encoded.
* The stream passed in must support ReadSegments and must not be
* a non-blocking stream that will return NS_BASE_STREAM_WOULD_BLOCK.
* If either of these restrictions are violated we will abort.
ACString encodeToCString(in nsIInputStream stream, in unsigned long length);
AString encodeToString(in nsIInputStream stream, in unsigned long length);