/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 8; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*- */
/* vim: set ts=8 sts=2 et sw=2 tw=80: */
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* Should be implemented by requests that support retargeting delivery of
* data off the main thread.
interface nsIThreadRetargetableRequest : nsISupports
* Called to retarget delivery of OnDataAvailable to another thread. Should
* only be called before AsyncOpen for nsIWebsocketChannels, or during
* OnStartRequest for nsIChannels.
* Note: For nsIChannels, OnStartRequest and OnStopRequest will still be
* delivered on the main thread.
* @param aNewTarget New event target, e.g. thread or threadpool.
* Note: no return value is given. If the retargeting cannot be handled,
* normal delivery to the main thread will continue. As such, listeners
* should be ready to deal with OnDataAvailable on either the main thread or
* the new target thread.
void retargetDeliveryTo(in nsIEventTarget aNewTarget);
* Returns the event target where OnDataAvailable events will be dispatched.
* This is only valid after OnStartRequest has been called. Any time before
* that point, the value may be changed by `retargetDeliveryTo` calls.
readonly attribute nsIEventTarget deliveryTarget;