/* -*- Mode: IDL; tab-width: 2; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*- */
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* Interface for client side storage. See
* for more information.
* A storage object stores an arbitrary set of key-value pairs, which
* may be retrieved, modified and removed as needed. A key may only
* exist once within a storage object, and only one value may be
* associated with a particular key. Keys are stored in a particular
* order with the condition that this order not change by merely changing
* the value associated with a key, but the order may change when a
* key is added or removed.
interface nsIDOMStorage : nsISupports
* The number of keys stored.
readonly attribute unsigned long length;
* Retrieve the name of the key at a particular index.
* @param index index of the item to retrieve
* @returns the key at index, null if there is no key at that index
DOMString key(in unsigned long index);
* Retrieve an item with a given key
* @param key key to retrieve
* @returns found data or empty string if the key was not found
DOMString getItem([Null(Stringify)] in DOMString key);
* Assign a value with a key. If the key does not exist already, a new
* key is added associated with that value. If the key already exists,
* then the existing value is replaced with a new value.
* @param key key to set
* @param data data to associate with the key
void setItem([Null(Stringify)] in DOMString key, [Null(Stringify)] in DOMString data);
* Remove a key and its corresponding value.
* @param key key to remove
void removeItem([Null(Stringify)] in DOMString key);
* Clear the content of this storage bound to a domain
* or an origin.