/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 20; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 4 -*-
* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
#error GLContextProviderImpl.h must only be included from GLContextProvider.h
#error GL_CONTEXT_PROVIDER_NAME not defined
typedef gfx::SurfaceCaps SurfaceCaps;
* Create a context that renders to the surface of the widget that is
* passed in. The context is always created with an RGB pixel format,
* with no alpha, depth or stencil. If any of those features are needed,
* either use a framebuffer, or use CreateOffscreen.
* This context will attempt to share resources with all other window
* contexts. As such, it's critical that resources allocated that are not
* needed by other contexts be deleted before the context is destroyed.
* The GetSharedContext() method will return non-null if sharing
* was successful.
* Note: a context created for a widget /must not/ hold a strong
* reference to the widget; otherwise a cycle can be created through
* a GL layer manager.
* @param aWidget Widget whose surface to create a context for
* @return Context to use for the window
* Create a context for offscreen rendering. The target of this
* context should be treated as opaque -- it might be a FBO, or a
* pbuffer, or some other construct. Users of this GLContext
* should bind framebuffer 0 directly to use this offscreen buffer.
* The offscreen context returned by this method will always have
* the ability to be rendered into a context created by a window.
* It might or might not share resources with the global context;
* query GetSharedContext() for a non-null result to check. If
* resource sharing can be avoided on the target platform, it will
* be, in order to isolate the offscreen context.
* @param aSize The initial size of this offscreen context.
* @param aFormat The ContextFormat for this offscreen context.
* @return Context to use for offscreen rendering
CreateOffscreen(const gfxIntSize& size,
const SurfaceCaps& caps,
ContextFlags flags = ContextFlagsNone);
* Get a pointer to the global context, creating it if it doesn't exist.
GetGlobalContext(ContextFlags flags = ContextFlagsNone);
* Free any resources held by this Context Provider.