/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* nsIBrowserGlue is a dirty and rather fluid interface to host shared utility
* methods used by browser UI code, but which are not local to a browser window.
* The component implementing this interface is meant to be a singleton
* (service) and should progressively replace some of the shared "glue" code
* scattered in browser/base/content (e.g. bits of utilOverlay.js,
* contentAreaUtils.js, globalOverlay.js, browser.js), avoiding dynamic
* inclusion and initialization of a ton of JS code for *each* window.
* Dued to its nature and origin, this interface won't probably be the most
* elegant or stable in the mozilla codebase, but its aim is rather pragmatic:
* 1) reducing the performance overhead which affects browser window load;
* 2) allow global hooks (e.g. startup and shutdown observers) which survive
* browser windows to accomplish browser-related activities, such as shutdown
* sanitization (see bug #284086)
interface nsIBrowserGlue : nsISupports
* Deletes privacy sensitive data according to user preferences
* @param aParentWindow an optionally null window which is the parent of the
* sanitization dialog
void sanitize(in nsIDOMWindow aParentWindow);
* Add Smart Bookmarks special queries to bookmarks menu and toolbar folder.
* Gets the most recent window that's a browser (but not a popup)