/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 4 -*- */
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
interface nsISerializable : nsISupports
* Initialize the object implementing nsISerializable, which must have
* been freshly constructed via CreateInstance. All data members that
* can't be set to default values must have been serialized by write,
* and should be read from aInputStream in the same order by this method.
void read(in nsIObjectInputStream aInputStream);
* Serialize the object implementing nsISerializable to aOutputStream, by
* writing each data member that must be recovered later to reconstitute
* a working replica of this object, in a canonical member and byte order,
* to aOutputStream.
* NB: a class that implements nsISerializable *must* also implement
* nsIClassInfo, in particular nsIClassInfo::GetClassID.
void write(in nsIObjectOutputStream aOutputStream);