/* -*- Mode: IDL; tab-width: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*-
* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* The nsIInterfaceRequestor interface defines a generic interface for
* requesting interfaces that a given object might provide access to.
* This is very similar to QueryInterface found in nsISupports.
* The main difference is that interfaces returned from GetInterface()
* are not required to provide a way back to the object implementing this
* interface. The semantics of QI() dictate that given an interface A that
* you QI() on to get to interface B, you must be able to QI on B to get back
* to A. This interface however allows you to obtain an interface C from A
* that may or most likely will not have the ability to get back to A.
interface nsIInterfaceRequestor : nsISupports
* Retrieves the specified interface pointer.
* @param uuid The IID of the interface being requested.
* @param result [out] The interface pointer to be filled in if
* the interface is accessible.
* @return NS_OK - interface was successfully returned.
* NS_NOINTERFACE - interface not accessible.
* NS_ERROR* - method failure.
void getInterface(in nsIIDRef uuid,
[iid_is(uuid),retval] out nsQIResult result);