/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 4 -*- */
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* A channel implementing this interface allows one to intercept its data by
* inserting intermediate stream listeners.
interface nsITraceableChannel : nsISupports
* Replace the channel's listener with a new one, and return the listener
* the channel used to have. The new listener intercepts OnStartRequest,
* OnDataAvailable and OnStopRequest calls and must pass them to
* the original listener after examination. If multiple callers replace
* the channel's listener, a chain of listeners is created.
* The caller of setNewListener has no way to control at which place
* in the chain its listener is placed.
* Note: The caller of setNewListener must not delay passing
* OnStartRequest to the original listener.
* Note2: A channel may restrict when the listener can be replaced.
* It is not recommended to allow listener replacement after OnStartRequest
* has been called.
nsIStreamListener setNewListener(in nsIStreamListener aListener);