/* ***** BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK *****
* Version: MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1
* The contents of this file are subject to the Mozilla Public License Version
* 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
* the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" basis,
* WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
* for the specific language governing rights and limitations under the
* The Original Code is the Netscape security libraries.
* The Initial Developer of the Original Code is
* Netscape Communications Corporation.
* Portions created by the Initial Developer are Copyright (C) 1994-2000
* the Initial Developer. All Rights Reserved.
* Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the terms of
* either the GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL"), or
* the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 or later (the "LGPL"),
* in which case the provisions of the GPL or the LGPL are applicable instead
* of those above. If you wish to allow use of your version of this file only
* under the terms of either the GPL or the LGPL, and not to allow others to
* use your version of this file under the terms of the MPL, indicate your
* decision by deleting the provisions above and replace them with the notice
* and other provisions required by the GPL or the LGPL. If you do not delete
* the provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this file under
* the terms of any one of the MPL, the GPL or the LGPL.
* ***** END LICENSE BLOCK ***** */
* secrng.h - public data structures and prototypes for the secure random
* number generator
* $Id: secrng.h,v 22.214.171.124 2006/11/21 01:55:50 wtchang%redhat.com Exp $
** Random number generation. A cryptographically strong random number
/* the number of bytes to read from the system random number generator */
#define SYSTEM_RNG_SEED_COUNT 1024
** The following functions are provided by the security library
** but are differently implemented for the UNIX, Win, and OS/2
** Get the "noisiest" information available on the system.
** The amount of data returned depends on the system implementation.
** It will not exceed maxbytes, but may be (much) less.
** Returns number of noise bytes copied into buf, or zero if error.
extern size_t RNG_GetNoise(void *buf, size_t maxbytes);
** RNG_SystemInfoForRNG should be called before any use of SSL. It
** gathers up the system specific information to help seed the
** state of the global random number generator.
extern void RNG_SystemInfoForRNG(void);
** Use the contents (and stat) of a file to help seed the
** global random number generator.
extern void RNG_FileForRNG(const char *filename);
** Get maxbytes bytes of random data from the system random number
** Returns the number of bytes copied into buf -- maxbytes if success
** or zero if error.
** PR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED_ERROR There is no system RNG on the platform.
** SEC_ERROR_NEED_RANDOM The system RNG failed.
extern size_t RNG_SystemRNG(void *buf, size_t maxbytes);
#endif /* _SECRNG_H_ */