/* -*- Mode: IDL; tab-width: 2; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*- */
/* ***** BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK *****
* Version: MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1
* The contents of this file are subject to the Mozilla Public License Version
* 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
* the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" basis,
* WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
* for the specific language governing rights and limitations under the
* The Original Code is Mozilla.org code.
* The Initial Developer of the Original Code is
* Boris Zbarsky <email@example.com>.
* Portions created by the Initial Developer are Copyright (C) 2005
* the Initial Developer. All Rights Reserved.
* Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the terms of
* either the GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL"), or
* the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 or later (the "LGPL"),
* in which case the provisions of the GPL or the LGPL are applicable instead
* of those above. If you wish to allow use of your version of this file only
* under the terms of either the GPL or the LGPL, and not to allow others to
* use your version of this file under the terms of the MPL, indicate your
* decision by deleting the provisions above and replace them with the notice
* and other provisions required by the GPL or the LGPL. If you do not delete
* the provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this file under
* the terms of any one of the MPL, the GPL or the LGPL.
* ***** END LICENSE BLOCK ***** */
* The nsIWebNavigationInfo interface exposes a way to get information
* on the capabilities of Gecko webnavigation objects.
* @status UNDER_REVIEW
interface nsIWebNavigationInfo : nsISupports
* Returned by isTypeSupported to indicate lack of support for a type.
* @note this is guaranteed not to change, so that boolean tests can be done
* on the return value if isTypeSupported to detect whether a type is
* supported at all.
const unsigned long UNSUPPORTED = 0;
* Returned by isTypeSupported to indicate that a type is supported as an
const unsigned long IMAGE = 1;
* Returned by isTypeSupported to indicate that a type is supported via an
* NPAPI ("Netscape 4 API") plug-in. This is not the value returned for
* "XPCOM plug-ins".
const unsigned long PLUGIN = 2;
* @note Other return types may be added here in the future as they become
* Returned by isTypeSupported to indicate that a type is supported via some
* other means.
const unsigned long OTHER = 1 << 15;
* Query whether aType is supported.
* @param aType the MIME type in question.
* @param aWebNav the nsIWebNavigation object for which the request
* is being made. This is allowed to be null. If it is non-null,
* the return value of this method may depend on the exact state of
* aWebNav and the values set through nsIWebBrowserSetup; otherwise
* the method will assume that the caller is interested in information
* about nsIWebNavigation objects in their default state.
* @return an enum value indicating whether and how aType is supported.
* @note This method may rescan plugins to ensure that they're properly
* registered for the types they support.
unsigned long isTypeSupported(in ACString aType, in nsIWebNavigation aWebNav);