/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 4 -*- */
/* ***** BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK *****
* Version: MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1
* The contents of this file are subject to the Mozilla Public License Version
* 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
* the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" basis,
* WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
* for the specific language governing rights and limitations under the
* The Original Code is the Mozilla gecko engine.
* The Initial Developer of the Original Code is
* Google Inc.
* Portions created by the Initial Developer are Copyright (C) 2006
* the Initial Developer. All Rights Reserved.
* Brett Wilson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the terms of
* either the GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL"), or
* the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 or later (the "LGPL"),
* in which case the provisions of the GPL or the LGPL are applicable instead
* of those above. If you wish to allow use of your version of this file only
* under the terms of either the GPL or the LGPL, and not to allow others to
* use your version of this file under the terms of the MPL, indicate your
* decision by deleting the provisions above and replace them with the notice
* and other provisions required by the GPL or the LGPL. If you do not delete
* the provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this file under
* the terms of any one of the MPL, the GPL or the LGPL.
* ***** END LICENSE BLOCK ***** */
// This is NOT part of the interface! It could change.
#define NS_GECKO_FLAG_NEEDS_VERTICAL_SCROLLBAR (1 << 0)
* Provides information about global history to gecko, extending GlobalHistory2
interface nsIGlobalHistory3 : nsIGlobalHistory2
* Notifies the history system that the page loading via aOldChannel
* redirected to aNewChannel. Implementations should generally add the URI for
* aOldChannel to history for link coloring, but are advised not to expose it
* in the history user interface. This function is preferred if
* nsIGlobalHistory3 is available. Otherwise, nsIGlobalHistory2.addURI should
* be called with redirect=true.
* This function is preferred to nsIGlobalHistory2.addURI because it provides
* more information (including the redirect destination, channels involved,
* and redirect flags) to the history implementation.
* For implementors of nsIGlobalHistory3: The history implementation is
* responsible for sending NS_LINK_VISITED_EVENT_TOPIC to observers for
* redirect pages. This notification must be sent for history consumers for
* all non-redirect pages.
* @param aToplevel whether the URI is loaded in a top-level window. If
* false, the load is in a subframe.
* The other params to this function are the same as those for
* Note: Implementors who wish to implement this interface but rely on
* nsIGlobalHistory2.addURI for redirect processing may throw
* NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED from this method. If they do so, then callers
* must call nsIGlobalHistory2.addURI upon getting the
* NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED result.
void addDocumentRedirect(in nsIChannel aOldChannel,
in nsIChannel aNewChannel,
in PRInt32 aFlags,
in boolean aTopLevel);
* Get the Gecko flags for this URI. These flags are used by Gecko as hints
* to optimize page loading. Not all histories have them; this need not be
* supported (just return NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED. These flags are opaque
* and should not be interpreted by the history engine.
unsigned long getURIGeckoFlags(in nsIURI aURI);
* Set the Gecko flags for this URI. May fail if the history entry
* doesn't have any flags or if there is no entry for the URI.
void setURIGeckoFlags(in nsIURI aURI, in unsigned long aFlags);