/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 2; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*- */
/* vim:set ts=2 sw=2 sts=2 et cindent: */
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
interface nsIThreadPoolListener : nsISupports
* Called when a new thread is created by the thread pool. The notification
* happens on the newly-created thread.
* Called when a thread is about to be destroyed by the thread pool. The
* notification happens on the thread that is about to be destroyed.
* An interface to a thread pool. A thread pool creates a limited number of
* anonymous (unnamed) worker threads. An event dispatched to the thread pool
* will be run on the next available worker thread.
[builtinclass, scriptable, uuid(76ce99c9-8e43-489a-9789-f27cc4424965)]
interface nsIThreadPool : nsIEventTarget
* Shutdown the thread pool. This method may not be executed from any thread
* in the thread pool. Instead, it is meant to be executed from another
* thread (usually the thread that created this thread pool). When this
* function returns, the thread pool and all of its threads will be shutdown,
* and it will no longer be possible to dispatch tasks to the thread pool.
* As a side effect, events on the current thread will be processed.
* Get/set the maximum number of threads allowed at one time in this pool.
attribute unsigned long threadLimit;
* Get/set the maximum number of idle threads kept alive.
attribute unsigned long idleThreadLimit;
* Get/set the amount of time in milliseconds before an idle thread is
attribute unsigned long idleThreadTimeout;
* Get/set the number of bytes reserved for the stack of all threads in
* the pool. By default this is nsIThreadManager::DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE.
attribute unsigned long threadStackSize;
* An optional listener that will be notified when a thread is created or
* destroyed in the course of the thread pool's operation.
* A listener will only receive notifications about threads created after the
* listener is set so it is recommended that the consumer set the listener
* before dispatching the first event. A listener that receives an
* onThreadCreated() notification is guaranteed to always receive the
* corresponding onThreadShuttingDown() notification.
* The thread pool takes ownership of the listener and releases it when the
* shutdown() method is called. Threads created after the listener is set will
* also take ownership of the listener so that the listener will be kept alive
* long enough to receive the guaranteed onThreadShuttingDown() notification.
attribute nsIThreadPoolListener listener;
* Set the label for threads in the pool. All threads will be named
* "<aName> #<n>", where <n> is a serial number.
void setName(in ACString aName);