/* -*- Mode: IDL; tab-width: 2; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*- */
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this file,
* You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/.
* The SimpleGestureEvent interface is the datatype for all
* Mozilla-specific simple gesture events in the Document Object Model.
* The following events are generated:
* MozSwipeGestureMayStart - Generated when the user starts a horizontal
* swipe across the input device, but before we know whether the user
* is actually scrolling past a scroll edge.
* This event asks two questions: Should a swipe really be started, and
* in which directions should the user be able to swipe? The first
* question is answered by event listeners by calling or not calling
* preventDefault() on the event. Since a swipe swallows all scroll
* events, the default action of the swipe start event is *not* to
* start a swipe. Call preventDefault() if you want a swipe to be
* started. Doing so won't necessarily result in a swipe being started,
* it only communicates an intention. Once Gecko determines whether a
* swipe should actually be started, it will send a MozSwipeGestureStart
* The second question (swipe-able directions) is answered in the
* allowedDirections field.
* MozSwipeGestureStart - This event signals the start of a swipe.
* It guarantees a future MozSwipeGestureEnd event that will signal
* the end of a swipe animation.
* MozSwipeGestureUpdate - Generated periodically while the user is
* continuing a horizontal swipe gesture. The "delta" value represents
* the current absolute gesture amount. This event may even be sent
* after a MozSwipeGesture event fired in order to allow for fluid
* completion of a swipe animation. The direction value is meaningless
* on swipe update events.
* MozSwipeGestureEnd - Generated when the swipe animation is completed.
* MozSwipeGesture - Generated when the user releases a swipe across
* across the input device. This event signals that the actual swipe
* operation is complete, even though the animation might not be finished
* yet. This event can be sent without accompanying start / update / end
* events, and it can also be handled on its own if the consumer doesn't
* want to handle swipe animation events.
* Only the direction value has any significance, the delta value is
* MozMagnifyGestureStart - Generated when the user begins the magnify
* ("pinch") gesture. The "delta" value represents the initial
* MozMagnifyGestureUpdate - Generated periodically while the user is
* continuing the magnify ("pinch") gesture. The "delta" value
* represents the movement since the last MozMagnifyGestureStart or
* MozMagnifyGestureUpdate event.
* MozMagnifyGesture - Generated when the user has completed the
* magnify ("pinch") gesture. If you only want to receive a single
* event when the magnify gesture is complete, you only need to hook
* this event and can safely ignore the MozMagnifyGestureStart and the
* MozMagnifyGestureUpdate events. The "delta" value is the cumulative
* amount represented by the user's gesture.
* MozRotateGestureStart - Generated when the user begins the rotation
* gesture. The "delta" value represents the initial rotation.
* MozRotateGestureUpdate - Generated periodically while the user is
* continuing the rotation gesture. The "delta" value represents the
* rotation since the last MozRotateGestureStart or
* MozRotateGestureUpdate event.
* MozRotateGesture - Generated when the user has completed the
* rotation gesture. If you only want to receive a single event when
* the rotation gesture is complete, you only need to hook this event
* and can safely ignore the MozRotateGestureStart and the
* MozRotateGestureUpdate events. The "delta" value is the cumulative
* amount of rotation represented by the user's gesture.
* MozTapGesture - Generated when the user executes a two finger
* tap gesture on the input device. Client coordinates contain the
* center point of the tap.
* (XXX On OS X, only Lion (10.7) and up)
* MozPressTapGesture - Generated when the user executes a press
* and tap two finger gesture (first finger down, second finger down,
* second finger up, first finger up) on the input device.
* Client coordinates contain the center pivot point of the action.
* (XXX Not implemented on Mac)
* MozEdgeUIGesture - Generated when the user swipes the display to
* invoke edge ui.
* (XXX Win8 only)
* Default behavior:
* Some operating systems support default behaviors for gesture events
* when they are not handled by the application. Consumers should
* use event.preventDefault() to prevent default behavior when
* consuming events.
interface SimpleGestureEvent : MouseEvent
/* Swipe direction constants */
const unsigned long DIRECTION_UP = 1;
const unsigned long DIRECTION_DOWN = 2;
const unsigned long DIRECTION_LEFT = 4;
const unsigned long DIRECTION_RIGHT = 8;
/* Rotational direction constants */
const unsigned long ROTATION_COUNTERCLOCKWISE = 1;
const unsigned long ROTATION_CLOCKWISE = 2;
/* Read-write value for swipe events.
* Reports the directions that can be swiped to; multiple directions
* should be OR'ed together.
* The allowedDirections field is designed to be set on SwipeGestureMayStart
* events by event listeners. Its value after event dispatch determines
* the behavior of the swipe animation that might be about to begin.
* Specifically, if the user swipes in a direction that can't be swiped
* to, the animation will have a bounce effect.
* Future SwipeGestureUpdate, SwipeGesture and SwipeGestureEnd events
* will carry the allowDirections value that was set on the SwipeMayStart
* event. Changing this field on non-SwipeGestureMayStart events doesn't
* have any effect.
attribute unsigned long allowedDirections;
/* Direction of a gesture. Diagonals are indicated by OR'ing the
* applicable constants together.
* Swipes gestures may occur in any direction.
* Magnify gestures do not have a direction.
* Rotation gestures will be either ROTATION_COUNTERCLOCKWISE or
readonly attribute unsigned long direction;
/* Delta value for magnify, rotate and swipe gestures.
* For rotation, the value is in degrees and is positive for
* clockwise rotation and negative for counterclockwise
* For magnification, the value will be positive for a "zoom in"
* (i.e, increased magnification) and negative for a "zoom out"
* (i.e., decreased magnification). The particular units
* represented by the "delta" are currently implementation specific.
* XXX - The units for measuring magnification are currently
* unspecified because the units used by Mac OS X are currently
* undocumented. The values are typically in the range of 0.0 to
* 100.0, but it is only safe currently to rely on the delta being
* positive or negative.
* For swipe start, update and end events, the value is a fraction
* of one "page". If the resulting swipe will have DIRECTION_LEFT, the
* delta value will be positive; for DIRECTION_RIGHT, delta is negative.
* If this seems backwards to you, look at it this way: If the current
* page is pushed to the right during the animation (positive delta),
* the page left to the current page will be visible after the swipe
* Units on Windows represent the difference between the initial
* and current/final width between the two touch points on the input
* device and are measured in pixels.
readonly attribute double delta;
/* Click count value for taps. */
readonly attribute unsigned long clickCount;
void initSimpleGestureEvent(DOMString typeArg,
optional boolean canBubbleArg = false,
optional boolean cancelableArg = false,
optional Window? viewArg = null,
optional long detailArg = 0,
optional long screenXArg = 0,
optional long screenYArg = 0,
optional long clientXArg = 0,
optional long clientYArg = 0,
optional boolean ctrlKeyArg = false,
optional boolean altKeyArg = false,
optional boolean shiftKeyArg = false,
optional boolean metaKeyArg = false,
optional short buttonArg = 0,
optional EventTarget? relatedTargetArg = null,
optional unsigned long allowedDirectionsArg = 0,
optional unsigned long directionArg = 0,
optional double deltaArg = 0,
optional unsigned long clickCount = 0);