/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* Content sniffer interface. Components implementing this interface can
* determine a MIME type from a chunk of bytes.
interface nsIContentSniffer : nsISupports
* Given a chunk of data, determines a MIME type. Information from the given
* request may be used in order to make a better decision.
* @param aRequest The request where this data came from. May be null.
* @param aData Data to check
* @param aLength Length of the data
* @return The content type
* @throw NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE if no MIME type could be determined.
* @note Implementations should consider the request read-only. Especially,
* they should not attempt to set the content type property that subclasses of
* nsIRequest might offer.
ACString getMIMETypeFromContent(in nsIRequest aRequest,
[const,array,size_is(aLength)] in octet aData,
in unsigned long aLength);