is an easy-to-use software update framework for Cocoa developers.
* True self-updating--no work required from the user.
* Displays release notes to the user via WebKit.
* Displays a detailed progress window to the user.
* Supports authentication for installing in secure locations.
* Really, really easy to install.
* Uses appcasts for release information.
* The user can choose to automatically download and install all updates.
* Seamless integration—there's no mention of Sparkle; your icons and app name are used.
* Supports DSA signatures for ultra-secure updates.
* Sparkle requires no code in your app, so it's trivial to upgrade or remove the module.
## New in Sparkle 1.5:
* Optionally sends user demographic information to the server when checking for updates.
* Dual-mode garbage collection support for any memory management style.
* Sparkle doesn't bug the user until second launch for better first impressions.
* Sparkle can install .pkg files for more complicated products.
* Supports bundles, preference panes, plugins, and other non-.app software.
* Supports branches due to minimum OS version requirements.
* Deep delegate support to make Sparkle work exactly as you need.
* Tons of other stuff! [Read more about what's new.](http://andymatuschak.org/articles/2008/05/31/sparkle-15b1-now-available/ "Sparkle 1.5b1: now available!")