/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 4 -*- */
/* ***** BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK *****
* Version: NPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1
* The contents of this file are subject to the Netscape Public License
* Version 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in
* compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" basis,
* WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
* for the specific language governing rights and limitations under the
* The Original Code is mozilla.org code.
* The Initial Developer of the Original Code is
* Sun Microsystems, Inc.
* Portions created by the Initial Developer are Copyright (C) 2001
* the Initial Developer. All Rights Reserved.
* Created by: Paul Sandoz <email@example.com>
* Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the terms of
* either the GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL"), or
* the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 or later (the "LGPL"),
* in which case the provisions of the GPL or the LGPL are applicable instead
* of those above. If you wish to allow use of your version of this file only
* under the terms of either the GPL or the LGPL, and not to allow others to
* use your version of this file under the terms of the NPL, indicate your
* decision by deleting the provisions above and replace them with the notice
* and other provisions required by the GPL or the LGPL. If you do not delete
* the provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this file under
* the terms of any one of the NPL, the GPL or the LGPL.
* ***** END LICENSE BLOCK ***** */
* Searching of cards on a directory.
* The search data is defined in the query
* section of the directory URI, for example
* If no search data is defined then the methods
* will return immediately with no error.
interface nsIAbDirectorySearch : nsISupports
* Starts a search on the directory.
* If a search is already being performed
* it is stopped.
* The results from a search, cards, will
* returned by informing the address book
* session that a new card has been added
* to the directory.
* The nsIAbDirectoryQuery implementation
* of the directory component (or a proxy)
* may be used as an implementation for
* this specialization of query.
* This method is semantically equivalent
* to the nsIAbDirectory.getChildCards
* method when there is search criteria
* defined in the directory uri.
void startSearch ();
* Stops a search on the directory.
void stopSearch ();